Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Day 21 - Powerful Tailwinds and EST

El Paso, IL, to Remington, IN, all in a days work. It was raining this morning. I'm noticing a trend. I like riding in the rain, Rain=Cool. After the first hour a powerful tailwind helped me ride for 2 hours at 22 mph. This made a long mileage day go by quite quickly. 100 miles in 6 hours.

I entered the great state of Indiana today, although I was at first confused about the dinky welcome sign.I did find the real one a few more miles down the road. (please ignore that I don't have a picture of the Illinois state sign, I skipped over that one)

I'm staying at a very nice althoug pricey and close to the highway campground. Their is a nice clean lake with a beach/swimming area, showers, laundry, water, electricity, all for $18.00.

I've finally capture a cicadda making all that noise that I keep hearing from the trees anytime it's hot. This tree was small it was right on the trunk The flash really confused it. It didn't make anymore noise after I took the photo.
I've also arrived in the Eastern Time Zone! Getting close! If the tailwinds maintain I may push through for some extra mileage this week. We'll see what happens.