Tuesday, July 24, 2007

NPR and the weather

In news today. I was on NPR! I put the audio on the right hand side. The interview was pretty cool. I was really nervous and pretty much sweated through my shirt, but thankfully as Matt pointed out sweat doesn't come through on the radio, haha. The only bad thing is that my website was referenced, but she forgot to say the website address.... oh well.

Though I haven't done much training, I have been packing my things, as I have 8 days before departure, and I need to move out of my house by then also. But things are coming along slowly but surely.

It's been raining a little bit here in Wyoming, it's beginning more like Florida with this humidity. Hopefully it's the start of a cooling trend that will also span across the Mid-West, that would be awesome!!

You can also read the NPR article here, I've emailed them to see if they can place my URL in the article online.My NPR Interview

Jackson Man Will Bike for Mental Health Coverage
Elsa Heidorn

LARAMIE, WY (2007-07-24) A man from Jackson will ride his bike 2,800 miles from Jackson to Burlington, Vermont to raise awareness of the lack of insurance coverage for mental health services.

Twenty-eight-year-old Fred Finn says most health insurance provides little coverage for mental health, while covering physical problems extensively. Finn says leads to huge problems for millions of people.

"It really truly does affect everyone in this country. I know everyone can think of at least somebody who is affected," he said.

Both the US Senate and House will likely consider legislation this session that would force insurance companies to cover mental health services more fully. Finn will leave August first from Jackson and ride about 80 miles a day for nearly two months. His supporters can track his progress on a Web site.

© Copyright 2007, wpr