Monday, July 9, 2007

The Grand Teton and Cross Training

Outside of the world of cycling I accomplished another long term goal this weekend. I climbed and summited The Grand Teton! Here are some pictures from the trip. This is Julia climbing the first climbing section up to the lower saddle (base camp area)

Here I am tying in for a short traverse.

And here is one of the climbs we did, that's me climbing up.


Here we are at the summit.
And then the 90 foot rappel down. Definitely fun!!


This was an amazing experience that came to be in a matter of two days. James Keller was awesome for guiding us. We left the parking lot for the climb at 3:40 am and climbed for 15:30 hours straight!! It was an amazingly long day, but well worth it! You can check out more pictures at www.fredfinn.com/grand . This post is pretty short as I'm still recovering physically as well as needing sleep.